History

Chamba is very strategic and important town of Himachal Pradesh. It is District headquarter as well as known over the world for being town of temples. A part from it Chamba is known for its salubrious surroundings and historical temples. It is important tourist station where lacs of people come to enjoy nature.
Chamba is surrounded by few very famous tourist places like Khajjiar, Chamba, Bharmour etc. and all tourists coming to these places normally visit Chamba.
Chamba was declared as headquater of Chamba district in the 11th century and first Municipality came in to existence in the year 1949.

  • Constitution = July 1949.
  • Area = 4.33 Sq.km.
  • Height = 3000 feet
  • Population = 19889
  • Total wards = 11 nos

About MC Chamba

Chamba Municipal Council, a local Self Government institution was established during the British Raj in the year 1885 as ‘Nagar Palika’, or Municipal Committee, which included Kathlag, Moti-Tibba, Chamba Khas and Bakrota revenue up-Mohals. It was re-designated as ‘Nagar Parishad’ or Municipal Council, Chamba in 1994.

Map

Contact

MC Chamba,
Mohalla Sapri, Chamba,
Himachal Pradesh, India
Pincode: 176310
Email : eomcchamba[at]yahoo[dot]com
Phone : 01899-222422